What is the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) and how does it affect me?
Posted: April 3, 2020 at 9:30 am, Last Updated: April 8, 2020 at 10:52 am
- Provides oversight of recombinant DNA research.
- Ensures research is in compliance with NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant DNA Molecules (NIH Guidelines).
- Reviews and approves all research subject to the NIH Guidelines.
- Also reviews all projects that involve:
- Biological materials
- Infectious materials
- Other potentially infectious materials
- Biologically-derived toxins
In order to conduct work with a biological material, an IBC Registration form must be completed. For more information on recombinant DNA, see the Office of Biotechnology Activities Frequently Asked Questions website.
Write to Environmental Health & Safety Office at firstname.lastname@example.org