EHS oversees environmental compliance aspects of university activities and provides necessary reporting to government agencies. Specific duties include managing hazardous waste, maintaining required reports, permits, and manifest, and serving as primary emergency coordinator for environmental emergency plans. EHS works closely with Facilities Management, Land Development, the Office of Sustainability, and other departments to achieve these goals.
EHS-Environmental Compliance is responsible for administering the following programs and services:
- Air Pollution Source Permitting and Emissions Reporting
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Reporting
- Hazardous and Universal Waste Management
- Petroleum Storage Tank Management
- Petroleum and Chemical Spill Response and Remediation
Learn more about EHS-Environmental Compliance programs and services here.