EHS develops and maintains laboratory safety policies, provides training and guidance to research personnel to assist in compliance with regulations and industry standards, conducts laboratory inspections, assists with the design and renovation of laboratories, assists in the development of emergency procedures for laboratories, and manages laboratory waste streams. This function also administers the biological, chemical, laser, radiation, and x-ray safety programs as well as facilitates and serves as administrative oversight for the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) and Radiation Safety Committee (RSC).
EHS-Laboratory Safety is responsible for administering the following programs and services:
- General Laboratory Safety
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) Registration
- Laboratory Hazard Assessments
- Setting Up a New Laboratory
- Biological Safety
- Chemical Safety
- Radiation Safety
- Laboratory Inspections Page Coming Soon
- PI Registration Page Coming Soon
Learn more about EHS-Laboratory Safety programs and services.