May I use a grill or open flame cooking device on campus?
Posted: April 2, 2020 at 2:14 pm
Outdoor grills and open flame cooking devices may be used on campus if the following guidelines are followed:
- Compressed gas (propane) grills are not permitted to be used on campus.
- Cooking devices must be placed at least 20 feet from all buildings, tents, or other structures.
- Cannot be used near air intake vents on buildings.
- Cooking devices may never be left unattended when in use.
- Every cooking device must have a 5lb ABC fire extinguisher located within 10 feet of the cooking area.
- Charcoal and wood ashes must be completely cooled before being disposed of, and must be disposed of in an approved container.
- Charcoal grills may not be stored indoors.
- Lighter fluid, charcoal or other flammable substances used in the cooking process may not be stored indoors unless stored in an approved fire rated cabinet.
Write to nlam at email@example.com