What is Regulated Medical Waste (RMW)?
Posted: April 3, 2020 at 9:35 am
- Any waste perceived to contain materials that may be infectious to humans.
- Human materials such as:
- Body fluids,
- Body parts.
- Items contaminated with human materials.
- Discarded materials such as cultures, stocks, specimens, or vaccines.
- Discarded infectious agents.
- Sharps (including needles, syringes, etc.)
- Animal materials intentionally infected with pathogens or potentially infectious human materials.
- Body parts,
- Waste contaminated by these materials.
- Any contaminated materials used to clean up RMW, such as a spill.
Write to Environmental Health & Safety Office at email@example.com