The chemical safety program provides guidance, tools, and training to help protect employees from hazardous chemicals present in the workplace, and to comply with the regulatory requirements of 29 CFR 1910.1200 (Hazard Communication) and 29 CFR 1910.1450 (Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories). General guidance for hazard identification, labeling, management of Safety Data Sheets, storage requirements, and work practices can be found in the Laboratory Safety Manual (for laboratory employees) or in the Hazard Communication Plan (for non-laboratory employees).
The following documents provide important additional safety information for working with hazardous chemicals:
- Chemical Inventory Entry Guide (Laboratories Only)
- Chemical Inventory Requirements Guide (Laboratories Only)
- Compressed Gas Safety Guide
- Controlled Substances and Listed Chemicals
- Hazardous Materials Shipping and Receiving Guide
- Flammable and Combustible Liquid Safety Guide
- Purchasing and Storage of Grain Alcohol Guide
If you have any questions about chemical safety at George Mason University, please contact EHS.